On Thursday 03 February 2011 09:27:31 Kristoffer Lawson wrote:

> I think you are missing the point: then I don't have any caption at all. I
>  guess I could always just insert some standard text and fiddle around with
>  the options and font options it until it looks like a caption, but that to
>  me seems like a very un-LyX-like way to do it?

You could just define a couple environments to house the graphic and the
caption, or perhaps define an environment for the graphic, and that
environment prints variable mycaption, and mycaption is set by a character
style that doesn't print its content. I do this for my Warnings boxes.

I think the most LyXically correct way to do it is to use an environment with
a label, but I'm not sure how those work.

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package