On 18-1-2011 11:17, Christian Wilhelmsen wrote:
> I juse LyX and Dropbox in collaboration with my team mates, and the problem
> is that when you have opened a file, another user edits it and sync it through
> dropbox, LyX wont open the new version, it opens a buffered copy or something.
>
> We have to close LyX each time we want to open an updated document, or else
> you just get the copy that is stored in memory... Tried removing auto-backup,
> if that was the problem, but no.
>
> Anyone knows how we can get past this problem?

I'm also not sure I understand your problem. Usually, if your file is changed,
you can use File->Revert to Saved. This should give you the new version of the
file.

I've been working on a mechanism that pops up a messagebox indicating that the
file you're editing has been changed on disk.

I'm not familiar with Dropbox, so I don't know whether it will help you out in
that case.

> - christian wilhelmsen

Vincent