On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    I created a figure using gnuplot (because neither PSTricks nor R
> can make a bar plot with dates as the x labels), and exported it as
> PostScript (.ps). When I view the document, the figure is properly
> oriented, but when I export the file to pdflatex, the figure is
> rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Rotating the figure in the
> document is necessary so it is properly oriented when the file is
> compiled.
>
>    Any ideas why this happened?

Rich,

I have no idea why this has happened, but I don't use gnuplot because
this kind of thing seems to happen with it. Instead I use xmgrace,
which can do exactly what I think you're trying to do, and can export
directly to either PDF or EPS, either of which will probably behave
better than PS when included as a figure.

Les