On 06/13/2011 10:35 PM, Les Denham wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard<rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>  wrote:

    I created a figure using gnuplot (because neither PSTricks nor R
can make a bar plot with dates as the x labels), and exported it as
PostScript (.ps). When I view the document, the figure is properly
oriented, but when I export the file to pdflatex, the figure is
rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Rotating the figure in the
document is necessary so it is properly oriented when the file is
compiled.

    Any ideas why this happened?

Not that this will help, but I recall this phenomenon some years ago. For me (using linux) the problem has not reappeared in some time.

--

David L. Johnson

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
                --Ralph Waldo Emerson