On 07/13/2011 05:58 AM, Matthias Hunstig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using LyX 2.0 and just switched the citation style to Natbib (numeric)
> because I want to use \citet from time to time.
>
> However, whenever I use \citet, a bold *(author?)* appears in the PDF instead
> of the author name. The source code looks fine to me, for example:
> \citet[p.~223]{watson_2009}
>
> Any idea what causes this?

This kind of thing is usually due to problems with the .bib file, and
the problem is usually the presence of Unicode characters gotten from
pasting a reference from the web or something. If you use bibtex for the
processor, then the file really needs to be ASCII; if you use bibtex8,
you can get away with 8-bit encodings; but Unicode needs special
treatment and is not presently recommended.

Richard