On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Paul Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> wrote:

> So, despite the message, the PDF file does not show up in the directory
> where
> the LyX doc lives?  Try exporting and (with LyX still running) use Windows
> Explorer to check the LyX temporary directory.  (If you're not sure where
> that
> is, check Tools > Preferences > Paths > Temporary directory.  I could
> pretty
> much tell you from memory where it is on XP, but Win 7 moved stuff around,
> and
> I'm not on a Win box right now.)  Assuming you can find the directory, if
> the
> PDF file is sitting in it, then the problem may be something with access
> permissions for the directory where the source document is (unlikely,
> but possible).

I tried that, changing the temp directory to Documents. I saw lots of
intermediate files but not the PDF.

> Are Acrobat Reader and Foxit on your system command path (meaning: can you
> run
> either one from a DOS prompt)?  If not, it's possible that adding one or
> both to
> your system path and then reconfiguring LyX might fix the problem.

How do I do that?

--
Jane Shevtsov

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers... Each one owes
infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he
was born." --Francois Fenelon, theologian and writer (1651-1715)