Jane Shevtsov <jane.eco <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I just installed Lyx 2.0 (upgraded from 1.6 because of a problem I was having,
although I used it successfully for quite a while) and I can't export any PDFs,
although the message at the bottom says, "Successful export to format: pdf2".

So, despite the message, the PDF file does not show up in the directory where
the LyX doc lives?  Try exporting and (with LyX still running) use Windows
Explorer to check the LyX temporary directory.  (If you're not sure where that
is, check Tools > Preferences > Paths > Temporary directory.  I could pretty
much tell you from memory where it is on XP, but Win 7 moved stuff around, and
I'm not on a Win box right now.)  Assuming you can find the directory, if the
PDF file is sitting in it, then the problem may be something with access
permissions for the directory where the source document is (unlikely,
but possible).

> I'm running Windows 7 and have both Acrobat Reader 10 and Foxit Reader
installed, with Foxit being the default.  Also, the only options I'm seeing
under Preferences > File Handling > File Formats > PDF (pdflatex) are "None"
and "Custom".

Are Acrobat Reader and Foxit on your system command path (meaning: can you run
either one from a DOS prompt)?  If not, it's possible that adding one or both to
your system path and then reconfiguring LyX might fix the problem.

Paul