On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <e...@lisse.na> wrote:
> I do not trust patient related data or important data onto a server
> I do not have control over.

This depends, of course, on the sensitivity of the data. Dropbox isn't
secure enough for just about anything. SpiderOak seems to take an
approach---if you read their corporate descriptions---in which they
have no access whatsoever to your data. In this sense, everything is
being scrambled since the moment it leaves your computer and you're
the only one holding the key to decrypt the data. The obverse is also
true: lose your password, and you lose access to your data
permanently. This said, I understand your concerns.
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm