On Tuesday, December 06, 2011 03:06:37 PM you wrote:
> Can I ask again that off-topic threads be moved to an appropriate
> mailing list?

Unless it's the LyX project's position that LyX's only function is to
build PDF and Docbook, then this is very ontopic. As more and more
books are written to a flowable text reader, LyX will become a more
and more obvious choice. The HTML post-processor I discussed is one
very easy, very modular, and very unobtrusive way to write the same
book to both PDF/paper and Kindle, at least to the degree that such a
thing can be done and still read. Building books for Kindle, iPad and
Nook will probably become one of LyX's main uses in the future.

On or off topic is a relative thing. I have absolutely no interest in
Sweave or Lilypond but don't I call them offtopic, because people use
them to output information via LyX.

I could move this discussion over to the eLyXer list, or maybe a list
specifically about flowable text authoring, but understand that doing
so will remove most LyX-listers from input into the eventual flowable
text making techniques with LyX, and understand that debugging will be
more complex as people have to reach across mailing lists to determine
in whose fiefdom the problem resides.

SteveT