On 07/12/11 09:41:13, Richard Heck wrote:
> On 12/06/2011 04:38 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Tuesday, December 06, 2011 03:06:37 PM you wrote:
> >> Can I ask again that off-topic threads be moved to an appropriate
> >> mailing list?
> > Unless it's the LyX project's position that LyX's only function is
> > build PDF and Docbook, then this is very ontopic.
> >
> Do you think the LyX list is also good for discussion of the details
> of
> the ps2pdf converter? Or for reporting bugs with it?

No, but I don't think it is the same.

If LyX is to develop into a serious e-book editor, then this is a very
LyX related discussion. Even users such as myself who are in no
position to contribute directly to the development have an interest in
how this develops. "Mere" users can eventually have an input into this
development.

It is not just a discussion about converters or bugs. It relates to how
LyX will look and behave in the future. I agree with Steve and others
that LyX could become major tool for writing e-books. As such, the
discussion doesn't seem to me to be off topic.

Cheers,
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206              sip:172...@iptel.org