Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> írta:
>>On 12/09/2011 09:02 AM, Csikos Bela wrote:>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I have Lyx 2.0.2 compiled from source package in  openSUSE 11.2.
>> The program works well, however I have a problem with the
>> "Customizable list (enumitem)" module. The tooltip for this module
>> says: "Controls the layout of enumerate, itemize, description, and
>> list/labeling." The Lyx User's Guide in section 3.3.7 says that the
>> list properties can be changed/modified by inserting keywords using
>> the menu Insert>Short title option. On my system this works with
>> the enumerate, itemize, and description list types. When the labeling
>> or enumerate-resume list types are selected the Insert>Short title
>> menu option is greyed out and I can not insert anything.
>>
>> My question is why the Insert>Short title option is greyed out.
>> Should not it work with the labeling and enumerate-resume list types
>> as well? How could I make it work?
>Labeling is LyX's own special thing, and is not handled by enumitem. For
>the "resume" case, this just picks up where your previous enumeration
>left off, and inherits the settings of that list. So it is not supposed >
>to be modifiable then.

Thanks Richard.

I read the enumitem manual, and indeed it says that it is for modifying only
the enumerate, itemize, and description list types.

On the contrary, the enumitem module tooltip clearly indicates that the module,
apart from the above three list types, can be used to modify the labeling
environment.
The Lyx User's Guide also indicates that, as I have pointed out in my previous
message.
Apart from this if you look at the source (by turning on View>View Source) you
can see
that the 'lyxlist' environment is changed to 'elabeling' environment when the
module is loaded
(\begin{lyxlist}{00.00.0000} becomes \begin{elabeling}{00.00.0000}),
which also indicates that the module is supposed to affect labeling list type.

Finally, the enumitem.module file has comments that indicate the same:

# Customisable LyX List

(I took the above from the enumitem.module file).

If, on the contrary to all of these, the module is not supposed to modify
labeling lists, it should be explained clearly in the User's Guide and the
module's
tooltip info should be changed accordingly.

Guenter Milde, the author of the enumitem.module file maybe could
clarify this issue.

Thanks again for your response,

bcsikos