On 05.01.2012 05:16, Jerry wrote:
Do the developers monitor this list? Or does someone need to file a bug report
for the slow scrolling problem?

Jerry

Yes, they are looking at it. If you look at the thread, you'll see several names of LyX developers (not exhautively: Pavel Sanda, Richard Heck, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes, André Pönitz)

As for the bug report, I ave the impression there are 2 bugs reported in the thread under the "slow scrolling" umbrella:

- high CPU usage and jumpy scrolling (versus smooth), as you reported in your message, which is what I observe also. Seems unrealetd to the OS, as you are on OS X, I'm on Windows 7. This bug may also be multiple ones, as you mention 2.0.1 also has issues while it is flawless for me (I do not think it is Qt-version related)

- time needed to reach the bottom of a document, which seems to be discussed in the context of OS X only. This may be Qt-version related.

I think Pavel Sanda listed also one recent change related to X11 (Linux and cousins).

Best regards,

O.