Le 05/01/2012 02:40, André Pönitz a écrit :
The main performance problems I have seesn so far are due to an abuse of
the toolkit, not caused _by_ the toolkit (except for the remote raster
painter problem perhaps). Just start at RowPainter::paintChars() and
walk down through all the mess _before_ it actually hits Qt's drawText()
It is slow? You bet.

The question is whether the "Xorg takes 90% cpu" complaints will go away with Abdel new patch. If they don't, it means that there are some slow operations on the Qt side that we do not understand (i.e. things we should avoid to use). I am not sure that our code in rowPainter::paintChars is so costly (except the fact that all metrics/painting should be done word-wise) I do not remember it showing so high in profiler. I'll have to check again some day.

JMarc