On Tuesday, January 03, 2012 03:36:16 PM Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 03.01.2012 um 17:15 schrieb Olivier Ripoll:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Check my 2 messages in the "LyX 2.0.2 Released" thread, one dated
> > december 5th (user mailing lists, perhaps devel too) and the
> > other one dated december 16th (devel ML), which contains more
> > details:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg90218.html
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg172462.htm
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm almost sure it depends on Qt-Version.
>
> With LyX on Mac with Qt4 we have two fundamental problems:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if Qt continues to
produce these types of problems, isn't there different library or
combination of libraries the developers can use?

Back when I wrote my "why oh why did you dump xforms" rant, it seemed
like maybe the compile problems were just growing pains from Qt going
from version 3 to version 4. But now it's years later, and we're still
hearing (I paraphrase) "the quality of your LyX program depends on
your Qt version."

I know, you've told me before, Qt does a lot of busywork and makes
programming LyX much simpler. It handles all the localization, etc.
Programming LyX without Qt would be a horrendeous chore.

But is Qt really doing you a favor when certain Qt versions make your
program perform badly? The LyX developers work so hard to create a
robust, high productivity program, only to have a tool vendor snatch
defeat from the jaws of victory. Isn't there another localization
library you can use, and another GUI library, and whatever?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt                :  http://www.troubleshooters.com
My new 99 cent Kindle book:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QTBLA2