On Jan 6, 2012, at 3:29 AM, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:

> In my case, scrolling the User Guide, I can see Lyx 2.0.2 to peak to 80% for
> very short moments, but the rest of the time, it takes around 30% (so 15%
> since I have two processors). My processors remain globally inactive at 60%
> even if I am compiling Wine in MacPorts in the same time and listening music
> in iTunes.

I have found that CPU usage increases (to 100% of a processor) when scrolling
text-heavy documents or (or text-heavy parts of documents), and is less when
scrolling through parts of documents that have more white space and/or
graphics. This is what originally led me to suspect a problem with character
rendering.

Can you monitor CPU usage while rapidly scrolling back-and-forth over a
text-heavy document? I suppose that would have the same CPU effect as scrolling
top-to-bottom of an all-text document.f

Jerry