On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> parnum is flush with left margin, indent is just enough to allow for parnum
> and a little bit. Some examples I have seen do have some space between
> paragraphs, but it is not explicitly requested.
>
> the numbering is running, from 0001 to nnnn, last parnum of the document.
> Only section headings would not be numbered, and that is easy to hack in
> many ways.  I'll try the attach,
>
> Thank you!
You're welcome. Glad I could be of help. Both issues you mention above
(interpagraph spacing, no numbering of sections) could easily be
achieved by changing the parameters to the Titlesec commands.

Cheers,

Stefano

> On 04/16/2012 10:07 PM, stefano franchi wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka<yamap...@gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> The parnum format is square bracket, four digits, square bracket
>>>
>>> As to the text formatting, it's supposed to be plain - no bolds,
>>> different
>>> sizes, anything - section titles are supposed to be like the rest, merely
>>> in
>>> upper case [1] . Interestingly, the one sample provided /does/ show
>>> horizontal lines above and below the section titles... (been looking for
>>> the
>>> last 20 minutes and cannot find that one, sorry...)
>>>
>>> Thus no problem as to Class, pretty much anything plain page would do.
>>>
>>> Maybe Memoir will be the "fix". I've tried  Koma, all sorts of plain and
>>> some other assorted (my code was hacked out of hollywood...), but never
>>> Memoir.  I'll get into it right now.
>>
>> You can also do it with standard classes and the titlesec package
>> (which is not really compatible with memoir). See attached example. If
>> you have section headings, however, paragraphs numbers will not be
>> reset for every section. Is that what you need?  Resetting counters
>> can  be managed, I think, but off the top of my head I don't remember
>> how to do it automatically.
>> BTW, in the attached example, the spacing between the para label and
>> the main text (which is set in the preamble), should probably be
>> tweaked to get a natural looking feel. See titlesec's manual for
>> details.
>> Your specs are also not very clear about the parindent. Is the number
>> indented as well or just the paragraph text? At any rate, either
>> behavior is easy to do with memoir or the titlesec package.
>>
>>> BTW, I see you're Aggie, Stefano, I am located in Austin myself.
>>
>> Then we're neighbor. I live in Austin too.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org