On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> wrote:
> So how about XHTML as starting point for your XSLT transformations?

LyXHTML looks very promising.  It certainly preserves everything I
have in my [admittedly small] test file.  If it preserves custom inset
names then I could probably use custom insets to provide the
additional metadata I need (I still haven't quite figured out how to
create custom insets, but give me time).  XSLT can do the rest.

> Otherwise, you could use the native XHTML formatter as a model for adding
> "native XML" output.

Indeed, I think that would be a good last resort.

Ideally there'd be a terribly straightforward LyXML, but LyXHTML looks
manageable.

> Another starting point would be the external "elyxer" tool: a Python
> package that takes a LyX file and converts it to XHTML.
> http://elyxer.nongnu.org/

That looks pretty good too.  That's a lot of realistic options.  Thanks again,

Nico