On 05/10/2012 04:52 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Richard Heck<rgh...@comcast.net>  wrote:
Actually, it looks like this got fixed a while ago. In a simple text
document I get:
I'm running LyX 2.0.0.  The vspace I had was in an author inset, FWIW.
  The output you show is certainly fine.

If you want to post a simple example file that does the wrong thing, please
do.
Here's a LyX snippet:

\begin_layout Standard
A paragraph.
\begin_inset VSpace defskip
\end_inset

  Text after a vspace.
\end_layout

OK, I see the problem. The vertical space gets moved, for reasons
that probably aren't very interesting. Can you file a bug about this on
trac? I can fix it, but it will take a little thought about how best to do it.

FYI, right now I'm struggling with how to transform h2, h3, h4
elements into nested section elements; this seems very difficult to do
in XSLT 1.0, but I'm still exploring ideas, including XSLT 2.0.  (This
actually seems like a common problem, some recipes for which I do find
online and in books, but no solutions general enough.)  Of course, the
way LyX represents sections/subsections/subsubsections internally is
exactly the same as in its XHTML output, and it'd be asking a lot to
ask for LyX to wrap section contents in a div -- if I can do this with
XSLT you might be able to incorporate that solution as an option in
LyX, say.

It could be done in LyX, but I guess I'd suggest pre-processing the
whole thing with some kind of script. It shouldn't be too hard to do.
Find h1, write a start tag; when you see another h1, write the end tag
for the first one; etc.

[I'm guessing that LyX's XHTML output is not stable, but I can cope,
provided I find a way to transform those h elements into nested
sections.]

It's generally stable, but of course under development. Mostly, I want
it to be as modular and customizable as possible, in which case we can
all make it do what we want.

Richard