On Aug 3, 2012, at 5:51 AM, Eric Weir wrote:

> I'll check with the Vim folks to see if I can find out what encoding is being
> used and whether that might be changed. But I wonder if there's a solution on
> the lyx side, too.

I notice that under documents > settings > language there are two buttons
labeled "language default" and "other," with a dropdown list of options for the
latter. The former shows as selected, but both are greyed out. Might one of the
options under "other" affect encoding of quote characters?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position,
but certainty is an absurd one."

- Voltaire