On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> For the time being, you need
> to do some search/replace (Advances Search will help).

That's my solution for now. But advanced search is unavailable to me. On my
Mac, when called from the menu, it opens under the menu bar. It can't be moved,
the "settings" button is inaccessible, and I don't know how to close it. It
closes, but I have no idea why.

> I recommend to
> check out the csquotes LaTeX package. This is not natively supported
> by LyX but provides dynamic quotation marks.

I've skimmed the manual. Will take a closer look before I dump my next document
in lyx. I need a solution. Strange to me that lyx is inflexible in this way.

Eric Weir
1111 Clairemont Avenue J3 ~ Decatur, GA 30030
404-636-6142 ~ eew...@bellsouth.net