On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Christian Obst <christian_o...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:57:34 -0400
> schrieb Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>:
>
>> On 09/12/2012 01:48 PM, Christian Obst wrote:
>
> Ok, I now tried something else, which gives me weird results. I
> exported the document to Latex (normal), and ran latex on that file. It
> gave me the same biblatex error (unbalanced brackets or parantheses). I
> quit, ran bibtex on the document anyway, which finished with many errors
> about "whitespaces" in the aux. Now the weird part: I ran latex again,

This is not or may be not so weird: later runs overwrote the aux file
that gave you errors in the first place. To avoid this puzzling
problems when you are debugging a tex file, always "clean" your
directory between latex runs: remove .aux .idx .log etcetera. This is
easy if you use a latex IDE (such as Kile, for instance).

Now, for your problem, here is a stab:  If I understand you correctly,
biblatex gave you problems, whereas bibtex (after a few runs) gave you
correct output. You may want to check that your biblatex version and
your biblatex style are in sync. The errors you are reporting are
rather typical of a mismatch of this kind. You may have older versions
of the standard biblatex styles on your system picked up by mistake,
or you may be using custom biblatex styles (which usually lag behind
biblatex rather frantic development pace).

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org