Regina Anger wrote:
> Does this mean I manually have to update my latex installation? Is there any
> way you can recommend, without re-compiling my whole software-stack? The
> whole situation is a bit sad, as I am sitting behind a ~100kBit/s GPRS line
> :/

Probably updating memoir will suffice. You can grab the most recent version
from CTAN [1], unpack the files by running "latex memoir.ins" and "latex
mempatch.ins" and then put them in you TEXMF home directory (usually
~/texmf/tex/latex/memoir). Run "texhash" afterwards to update the filename
database.

HTH
Jürgen

[1] http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/memoir.zip