Hi Scott,

First, thanks. I was aware to this website and many others which I tried to
follow.

It seems like a more intrinsic issue here, as the same document worked fine
previously, and on a new system it lacks something (and all other
documents with Hebrew text using culmus). Writing documents in pure English
works perfect, including numerical symbols.
The document attached (originally) was already configured with the
appropriate encoding and language.

Regards,
Moti.