Since we're piling on...

I don't mind the sort of ribbon menu as they've evolved to be at MSFT,
but I do prefer pull-down menus with *text* instead of icons.  I'm a
textual user, I prefer everything as textual as possible.  I'd even
like a search feature for menus/functions, and in general I'd like
search to be as powerful as possible.  I'm so text-oriented that I'd
rather you add vi keybindings than ribbon menus.

Still, that said, if you organize the implementation cleverly, then
you could easily give the user the option of traditional vs. "ribbon"
menus.  I don't care if you do implement the option for ribbon menus
but it strikes me as a good idea to organize the implementation such
that you *can* add the option with minimal effort later.

Nico