On 22.7.2013 11:06, Alexandre de S. Thiago Lemke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new LyX user and I am having a little problem: my system is in
> Brazilian Portuguese, but I want LyX to be in English.
>
> I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.4 and LyX 2.0.6.
>
> Language configuration (Configuração de Língua) does not work.
> Everything I found on Google is for old version or Windows and Linux.
>
> I don't want to change dictionary or anything like that, all my
> documents are in BP.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Alexandre Lemke

In my opinion, this is just a symptom of a larger 'problem'.  I
constantly run into this problem while installing programs: my system is
Finnish, but I want my programs to be in English.  (You can't believe
how incomplete some localizations are, or how much they suck ;-)

Normally I solve the problem by just wiping the locale directory, but a
prettier solution would be to ask for the UI language during
installation instead of installing a huge bunch of useless language files.

 - Juha