On 08/22/2013 02:42 PM, Steve Litt of Troubleshooters.Com wrote:
Thursday, 22. August 2013, 09:18:09 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
I give thanks to eternity that LyX wasn't made into a KDE app. My
business has banned all use of all KDE libraries, for stability's sake.
Qt's not bad, as a matter of fact Qt built apps seem easier to
configure, from my point of view, than Gtk built apps.

In the history of LyX, did anyone campaign for it to be a KDE app, and
if so, how was that (in my opinion mistake) prevented?
Well, Matthais, as you know, started KDE, so this gets to be a delicate discussion. IIRC, at that time LyX depended on the Xforms widgets (which was a step up from the original Motif in terms of programming, if not appearance). Matthias did port LyX to the KDE project, as klyx, but that died out when lyx went with Qt. KDE does still seem to be alive.

But LyX has now grown beyond the linux/unix base, and so these widget-set/desktop-environment distinctions are no longer important.

--

David L. Johnson

If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a
conclusion.
                -- George Bernard Shaw