OK, I have found the preoblem: I had to copy beamer incremental list module
from my older prefs folder/layouts, but I have copied beamer module (and
others) also by error, and that was messing with my installation of the
beta. I have deleted other modules, and the titles became correctly
interpreted again. I will read the new manual now. That really looks nice,
thanks a lot!