On Wednesday 23 October 2013 10:57:52 Philipp Gröne wrote:

Thanks, Philipp

for your extensive explanations and proposals.
Interesting, this list:
> This was generated by http://debgen.simplylinux.ch/ , a pretty cool site
> which will generate you a /etc/apt/sources.list .
However, I am ignorant as far as
repository name, description, repository homepage, How to, PPGkeys is
concerned
APT URL xxrepository.com %r main contrib
what would I use for repository?

Is the created sources.list of the site mentioned mailed to me?

For the time being I used your proposed
> sudo synaptic update
and wait until it is done before I come to
> sudo synaptic -t unstable install lyx

Wolfgang

> Hi there!
>
> Try this
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib
> non-free
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main non-free contrib
>
> in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> This was generated by http://debgen.simplylinux.ch/ , a pretty cool site
> which will generate you a /etc/apt/sources.list .
>
> Are you aware about the Debian release policy?
###########
yes

> Your are mixing two versions of Debian, stable (i.e. Wheezy) and
> unstable (i.e. Sid).
> The Packages in Wheezy won't get any updates except security fixes,
> while Sid contains packages which are developed continously - this
> means, more bugs, but also newer version numbers.
>
> I don't know how to do this in synaptic, but you need to specify the
> version APT should get a given package from. Else it will use the
> default which is wheezy(stable) in your case.
>
> So try the following commands:
>
> sudo synaptic update
> sudo synaptic -t unstable install lyx
>
> Hope this helped.
>
> Greetings!
> Ph.
>
> P.S.: Is there a reason why you use stable? I've found Debian testing
> (Jessie) stable enough for everything I want to do. (I've never run into
> a bug). Then you won't have the issue of outdated packages.

#########
actually not. Just: Never change a running system.
But I need lyx2.0.6 since I have documents made with it and it is not in
stable.