On Wednesday 23 October 2013 15:16:23 Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Hello, bad news
>
> I tried to update as suggested by Philipp using the synaptic command,
> but got after a long time of retrieving and installing packages many
> errors which I had collected in a reply mail (gnome -but I use kde ...).
> In trying to send it it turned out that the KMail was not working
> (could not find the mail provider). So I restarted the PC with the
> result that it freezes at the login Menu (user, password) and I can
> not move the mouse anymore, ctr alt del does not work. I could try to
> use a knoppix dvd for recovery, but do not know what to do. So may be
> I should ask somebody from the Linux User Group Tuebingen for help.
> I am writing this from my notebook.
>
> Wolfgang

Sorry for this Mail. I have gone into the recovery mode and checked various
things. Starting the PC again brought me back to x windows screen.
Synaptics told me there are defect packages which were repaired. Afterward
I was able to install the 2.0.6 lyx.

I guess, what happens was that in
sudo synaptic update
I might not have waited long enough ...
Anyway it is now working again and I can use now the lyx2.0.6.
Thanks for the help and sorry for the noise.

Wolfgang