Hi everyone :-)
I am working my way through the lyx tutorial. It teaches how to change the
layout. I can make it 'article', and 'book', but the others which I have
tried give the message "layout not found". For example:
-letter
-article (AMS)
-various Japanese ones I tried

Am I meant to download them separately?
I am using lyx 2.0.6

I also have another problem. I am using a Mac with OS 10.9. The instructions
say protected return is control+return, but I found that it seems to be
actually command+return on my computer, whereas control+return seems to
reset the environment to standard. I have not yet found out what protected
space is, since neither control nor command do it.

Thank you!