2013 2:36 PM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
Am 28.12.2013 um 14:08 schrieb justin <justina...@yahoo.com>:

> Are you talking about document classes or layouts?
> The available document classes like article (AMS) are bundled with the
official
> LyX package. What's your problem exactly?

Hi Stephan, sorry to confuse! I was trying to change the document class. I
followed the instructions, went to Document, then Settings, then chose one
of them and click on Apply. It works for Article and Book but not the others
I try. For example when I try Article (ACS), it gives the message "Layout
Not Found". It says that 4 times, under the Errors section, and under the
Description section it says:

"Layout `Verse' was not found."

I am up to 3.1 in the Tutorial, and that is where it instructed me to try
changing the Document Class. I have followed all of the instructions so far,
so I do not know what to do now since this seems to not be working.

> Protected Space is Option-Space. In general the keys Command and Control are
> swapped - so, the documentation may be wrong here. Were did you read it?

Ctrl+Return I read in 2.2.2 section of Tutorial.lyx which comes with the
programme. In the same section it mentions Protected Spaces, but does not
instruct how to use them. So I searched the internet and found this:
http://www.fnal.gov/docs/products/lyx/Tutorial.tex.html

It is a similar document, and actually in section 2.2.2 does instruct how to
do Protected Spaces. It says "Protected Spaces, which are made by typing
C-Space".
ut the others which I have