Hi,
I use Lyx under OSX Mavericks.
I have discovered a small problem in beta2 yesterday: \Omega is invisible
in a math inset (but becomes visible when the cursor leaves it).
I have consequently installed the RC1 to check if this problem has been
solved. It seems that it is replaced by a smaller one: \Omega is replaced
by W in the math inset (but appears as \Omega out of it. \VarOmega has also
a problem by the way.

I attach a small lyx file in which you could check the problem (maybe it is
OSX only, I cannot check it).
Can you confirm it on OSX or other OS?

I have also observed another point that bugs me a little bit (maybe I am
missing the rationale of this): When I am typing math and try to insert a
superscript or an exponent to an expression using ^ Lyx uses instead an
accented letter if this letter accepts an accent (like i, j, e, etc.). One
than gets x\hat{\imath}  instead of x^{i} . It would be nice to neutralize
in math insets this default behavior that is perfectly reasonable in a word
in rm.

Do you think at it would be a good idea to change the default behavior (if
this is possible and easy of course)?

Best regards,

Murat

--

*Prof. Murat Yildizoglu*

Note: Please use the following address as such

UNIVERSITE DE BORDEAUX
GREThA (UMR CNRS 5113)
MURAT YILDIZOGLU
16 AVENUE LEON DUGUIT