> Hi,
> I use Lyx under OSX Mavericks.
> I have discovered a small problem in beta2 yesterday: \Omega is invisible
> in a math inset (but becomes visible when the cursor leaves it).
> I have consequently installed the RC1 to check if this problem has been
> solved. It seems that it is replaced by a smaller one: \Omega is replaced
> by W in the math inset (but appears as \Omega out of it. \VarOmega has also
> a problem by the way.
>
> I attach a small lyx file in which you could check the problem (maybe it
> is OSX only, I cannot check it).
> Can you confirm it on OSX or other OS?

This is a known problem which should be solved (in terms of "worked
around") in 2.1.0 final. See
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7954

The workaround currently is to display "\Omega" instead of the glyph on
MacOSX. To really solve the problem, some more work is needed, which might
only go to LyX 2.2.

Jürgen