On 05/21/2014 05:46 PM, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> (For display maths, the presence of white space
> around it is almost invisible in the LyX window while it has a profound
> effect in the output.)

Yes, this is really a bugger and the only way to recognize it is activating
the end of paragraph marker in the preferences. If you see a pilcrow mark
before the math inset it means that a blank line will be output. Placing the
cursor just before the math inset and hitting the backspace key gets rid of it.
It's easier to get aware of a blank line after the math inset by the fact the
following text is indented.

Would it be worth our outputting a pilcrow in such cases? or some other
visual indication? Maybe more vertical space, as one will get in the PDF?

Richard