"Hugo Hinterberger" <hugo.hinterber...@gmx.net> writes:

> Hello,
>

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:14:51 +0200, Dr Eberhard Lisse
> <nos...@lisse.na> wrote:
>
>> Indeed, this sounds actually quite interesting, but I don't see how
>> that would work with LyX.

You can install LyX without LaTeX, but I don't know if this is the case
with a Mac - actually, it should work via e.g. homebrew.

> There could be a "sync(-push) LaTeX export" (to project sub-dir)
> feature in LyX, where LyX automatically exports the whole LaTeX source
> it generates for generating its output to a sub-directory of the LyX
> (master) document's location (when a LyX document is saved). The push
> part could do a git push when the sync-dir is updated.
>
> This could lead to a LaTeX-free LyX installation where compilation is
> done via Github and ShareLaTeX.

Yes - this would be great, and really open the possibility for using LyX
on other devices

DREAM MODE ON:
LyX on a tablet should be possible!
DREAM MODE OFF

and on computers with only limited hdd space.

But I think the first step would be to have a proper git implementation
in LyX (which in itself would be very useful!).

And even without ShareLaTeX, it should be relatively straight forward to
setup a computer which pulls the github repo, compiles the pdf.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug