On 2014-09-18, Rainer M Krug wrote:

>> And, if you have LyX you have enough disk space for a  minimal LaTeX
>> installation, even in Africa :-)-O

Yes, I do have LyX and LaTeX on my OLPC XO-Laptop. It fits also on the Nokia
N800 tablet - actually on any not too old SD-card.

> I agree completely here - but still it makes life easier when one does
> not have to worry about the compilation of the document.

As long as everything goes fine, you will not realize the LaTeX
compilation on your local computer either. And with "cloud" based
compiling, you actually have to worry more at the moment the first error
occures...

Also, I would not send my private mail etc. over the net more than necessary.

Günter