  From: Andrew Roach
  To: Model 100 Discussion
  Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 12:19 PM
  Subject: [M100] Xbee and m100

  I have been reading about the Xbee Xtend 900MHz Pro.

  This is a wireless serial modem with a transmission range of up to 40 miles
LOS (with a high gain directional antenna)

  I'm not super familiar with RF, but I know there are a fair number of Ham
guys on the group.

  If I was to build the proper circuits to connect the Xbee to my PC and my
m100, with an omnidirectional whip antenna, could I conceivably be broadcasting
a serial connection to a bubble of 5 miles, or so, around my home?

  Does that sound possible?

  If it is possible, then would it also be conceivable that I could concoct
some kind of router at the receiving end, and have other people sharing this
connection using m100s and HP-200LXs connected to these xbee modules?

  My mind is all aflutter.