(I figured this might be of general interest to the group, so I'm posting
here rather than directly to Greg.)

I've completed construction of the first of the REX boards that Greg sent
me.

I've learned quite a few things through this process and have a bit of
feedback to on both the instructions and the actual board. Is the person
who maintains the board project on OSH park open to some changes for
optimizing hand-assembly? Basically, it would be great if some of the pads
for the resistors and caps could be made slightly longer. Not sure if
that's possible or not. Also, sanding the board is a big time sink, so it
would be great if it could be updated to use the castellation at the
factory.

http://docs.oshpark.com/tips+tricks/castellation/

Even if the router edge only partly cuts into the vias, it would still save
a fair amount of time in hand-handing down to the actualy center of the
vias.

I got GREAT results from using chipquick 63/37 solder and a concave drag
tip. I also learned lots of reasons not to use paste flux in a syringe.

I'll have to find time to write up my exact assembly tools and procedure. I
also took plenty of pictures using a magnifying glass in front of my phone
camera :)

https://twitter.com/48kRAM/status/913859915281829888

Greg:  I'll try to get the programming done this weekend. I'm still
uncertain of my 102's stability, so I might end up only programming the
CPLD and then shipping you the first board to finis programming in the
Tandy and verify. Is that okay? Obviously, if it doesn't work, we'll
discuss further :)

-Josh