Well stated and I concur.

    On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎February‎ ‎14‎, ‎2018‎ ‎04‎:‎27‎:‎57‎ ‎PM, Frederick
Whitaker <rrtfw6...@charter.net> wrote:

 I remember the club members wanting to expand the Model 100's so that it
can work more efficiently, and provide externals that assist in doing
that. The DVI made it a little like a desktop computer. The external
Disk Drives made it possible to store files on disks so that they could
be accessed later.

In recent years the REX, NADSBOX, Quattro, and other things have appeared.

What fascinates me about the projects that are being suggested today is
that they are way beyond the innate capacity of the Model "T". Why are
we not writing programs for the Model "T" anymore? Why are we trying to
mimic the contemporary Desk Top Computer? Why are we not writing
assembly programs for it?

I get the idea that many of the club members see it as a novelty, rather
than a genuine computer. It was the first of its kind. For many years it
was used to write newspaper articles and send them over the phone lines
to the publisher. It was used for controlling devices; like entry gates,
lights, and other things. Until recently it was used for controlling
traffic lights in Greenville, South Carolina. It is a genuine computer.

Are we not interested in writing programs for it anymore? Do we only
take it out to write an article, or take notes? Is it no longer
interesting in itself?

I miss DOS, and command line Linux, but I no longer have machines that
give me access to DOS, and with all the programs already available for
Linux I am no longer motivated to work at the command level.

It is noteworthy that there is still interest in the Model "T", but more
work could be accomplished if each of us stuck with one project at a
time. I miss Dave?

Fred Whitaker