A little deeper googling is leading me to believe there is a special
floppy_sys file on the utility disk that nobody has figured out how to
recreate.  I'll try it anyway when it arrives but If that ends up being the
case, then I wonder if there is anyone on the list who would be willing to
make my a utility disk.  I'd be happy to send a blank disk and a
self-addressed stamped envelope.