I got it idling at 3.3ma. Holy crap 3.3ma!
This includes the rs232 module being powered from the Teensy.
This is with all the usb-serial code ifdef'd out, and the cpu clocked at
2Mhz.
I'm not using RTS/CTS any more either, since TS-DOS itself doesn't.
https://youtu.be/_lFqsHAlLyg

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM c646581 <c646...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's possible that I may have screwed up somewhere and forgotten to pad
> the shorter file names? I had a similar issue with short directory names
> and just needed to add a routine to pad it out with extra spaces. It'd be
> interesting to see what the directory reference return looks like when
> TpddTool sends the file name reference command.
>
> It could also be trying to use directory reference features that I never
> implemented, since my initial use case was strictly TS-DOS. For example, I
> don't have any code for "seeking backwards" in the directory. TS-DOS never
> uses it.
>
> Heheh, no worries. :P
>
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 13:16 Brian White <bw.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't see anything obvious either, but I haven't gotten methodical on
>> it yet.
>>
>> What I've seen so far is:
>>
>> dir 0: works fine.
>>
>> Neither reading or writing a file works, though TpddTool thinks writes
>> work.
>>
>> When reading, TpddTool generates the initial searchform that looks the
>> same as ts-dos, except not.  The debug output from sd2tpdd says Ref:
>> TEST2.DO the same as TS-DOS, but with ts-dos the filename appears twice in
>> the output with a newline and slash between them, and with TpddTool the
>> name only appears once. Then for TpddTool there is no subsequent open or
>> read. So I think there is a difference in how a string is being handled
>> somewhere along the way, causing SD2TPDD to say there is no such file. Note
>> this sample filename is less than 6 chars. I haven't even tried something
>> simple like try a full 6.2 filename yet just to see. I'm out at breakfast
>> at the moment.
>>
>> Well with a busted ankle, maybe you can have someone bring you your
>> laptop from your bench and you'll have days and days with nothing else to
>> do but tinker with a hobby project. Ok that was callous sorry. :)
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 12:26 PM c646581 <c646...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry for the inactivity. I fell off of a ladder at work and broke my
>>> ankle. I haven't been able to circle back around and catch up to the
>>> developments in this thread.
>>>
>>> I really like the idea of using a teensy instead of the Mega! There is a
>>> lot more power there for doing things like an OLED display and networking
>>> capabilities. I also really love the idea of having a "TPDD server" box
>>> that multiple M100s (or PCs with serial ports) can connect to!
>>>
>>> I really want to try out the Teensy's hardware flow control at some
>>> point. If I recall, there are some timing issues with SD2TPDD if it runs at
>>> 19200 baud and you have too much debug info active. I think I have a Teensy