I was just now able to build the latest FLTK and VirtualT on linux with the following changes from the v1.7 sourceforge version:

https://github.com/bkw777/VirtualT/commit/fe6df94725a5fcf1989964b22cb79848dc778a6d

I don't know if every change is quite the most correct way to resolve the compiler warnings or errors, and I don't know if one or two changes don't also break compiling on Windows or Mac.

But this commit link shows everything all together and it's not very much, and at least for me, it builds without even any compiler warnings let alone errors, and the resulting binary runs.

I started with a clean copy of the src zip file from sourceforge, not a fork from one of the other copies of VirtualT already on github.

For fltk I didn't I didn't have to change anything. I just cloned the current fltk repo from github (from the fltk web site) and followed the CMake directions for building on linux.