Welll that was supposed to be off-list. Good thing it wasn't sensitive. :)

And the note about the short legs is good to post anyway.

On 3/8/20 6:26 PM, Brian K. White wrote:
Hi Brian, I have been looking for one of these to make a basic rom for my PX-8.  Would you be prepared to send one to Australia?

If so lease let me know how much you want including shipping.

Sure, send me an address and I'll find out what the shipping will be.

How about a socket and and 2 carriers with 27C256 already installed?
Or 2 sockets, one in case you ever need to repair one, and one just to use in a programmer?

The legs on the sockets are pretty short and they don't actually reach down into the ZIF socket on a programmer very well, plus the clamping lever gets in the way because the socket is much larger than a chip. So you want to take a regular dip socket and clamp that in the programmer first, and then stick the molex socket into that. I can toss in a regular socket too if you don't happen to have one.