On 3/7/20 4:42 PM, Dave Everett wrote:
On 8/03/2020 8:27 am, Brian K. White wrote:
On 3/7/20 11:22 AM, Stephen Adolph wrote:
hi, has anyone ever come across a supplier today for the ModelT optrom socket, the Molex 8878?
I could use a few new ones.
thanks,
Steve

I scored a load of about 100 of them on ebay a couple years ago. I have been giving them to whoever needs them for any use I consider legitimate like that.

IE, they aren't replaceable, so, I won't just consume them for something dumb, but for repairs of old machines and maybe a small number of programming jigs or something. I gave some to a museum to have in inventory for repairs. If I die and still have 75 of them and someone else keeps them and dies with still having 60 of them, and so they are available for repairs for the longest time possible, and 50 years from now there is still a box of 50 of them... that is my ideal goal.

Hi Brian, I have been looking for one of these to make a basic rom for my PX-8.  Would you be prepared to send one to Australia?

If so lease let me know how much you want including shipping.

Thanks,

Dave Everett

Sydney, NSW Australia

I think you want a carrier rather than a socket then ?

As it happens, I also have over 100 carriers too, and you can have some no problem. But you can also get carriers 3d printed new. There are at least two STL files out there publicly to get carriers 3d printed from on-line services any time you want for about $5 each. The carriers are easy since they are just a chunk of plastic. The sockets are hard because you can't just 3d-print the pins.

You would want a socket if the socket in your PX-8 was broken, or if you wanted to make a programming adapter to read old roms without un-bending the legs and risking breaking them.

Either way, sure whatever you need.