I saw the post, I just didn't know an answer better than "easy enough to
just try it" which is not all that helpful, but I guess at least then you
would have known your post posted.

Although part of the cable has special wiring and connectors, once you have
a proper cable, it doesn't require anything special to add an extension to
the DVI end of it.

I'm actually already amazed that a raw system bus going out over an
unshielded ribbon cable works at all, but I guess the DVI came enough years
after the Model 1 expansion interface debacle that they learned how to do
that better. ;)

If you got a new cable from Arcade Shopper I probably built it.

I haven't tried any long runs or done any reliability testing to find the
longest run that not merely appears to work, but is definitely safe from
corruption. You don't want data you can't trust, and I don't know, and
wouldn't want to rely on, how much fancy error detection and correction is
going on at low levels. Like does every block written or read from the disk
come along with a checksum? Until I knew that, I would want that bus to be
as clean as possible.