On 3/29/20 1:19 AM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:08 PM Tom Wilson <wilso...@gmail.com <mailto:wilso...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Is NEWDOS a ROM we can install on Rex, or is it a COM file?

NEWDOS is a patched version of TS-DOS to install in REX (or a OptROM).

http://www.club100.org/memfiles/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Ken%20Pettit/NewDos/VER5.05

I guess to be accurate, NEWDOS is actually not just a patched verion of TS-DOS. It is actually a re-assembly of it. I had fully disassembled TS-DOS into a file that can be re-assemled by VirtualT. I then added features to it, including detection of running on VirtualT, fixing the DISK scroll bug, adding programmable delay, and ignoring DSR.

Reviewing the code and reminding myself what I did in 2014, I had actually added an F7 key hander (non-DISK mode) to provide a UI interface for setting the delay factor directly within NEWDOS. But it has no place to save this delay factor ... just useful for easily dialing in a delay factor that can be used in a BASIC call.

Ken