The DE-10 Nano also has an ARM CPU which handles I/O and provides a nice
interface for USB and (I think) the HDMI frame buffer. This should save a
lot of effort when it comes to I/O mapping, since the ARM software can
handle the keyboard and storage interface (for backing up RAM in between
sessions and the presumed TPDD and REX flash storage interfaces.)

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 5:59 PM Josh Malone <josh.mal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The MiSTer is based on the Terasic DE-10 nano, which is based on a Cyclone
> 5. The board has 1GB of DDR3 RAM, but most MiSTers are build with an add-on
> board containing 32 or 128 (or more) MB of SDRAM so you don't have to deal
> with DDR.
>
> -Josh
>
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 8:34 PM Ken Pettit <petti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have most of one.  It has been quite some time since I worked on it,
>> but I had it running a modified version of the M100 ROM.
>>
>> It was working on an Actel FPGA at the time sometime in the 2009 - 2010
>> timeframe, but I believe that FPGA is now obsolete.  But it is mostly
>> just Verilog / VHDL code that could be ported to any FPGA.
>>
>> When I say modified ROM, the modifications were because I had extended
>> the 8085 CPU with 24- bit registers and relative branches. I had it
>> running in simulation a few months back.  From what I recall, I had
>> modules for the LCD, keyboard, 80155, etc.
>>
>> What type of FPGA are you interested in using?  I typically use Xilinx
>> these days.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> On 4/19/20 4:28 PM, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
>> > I know this is a crazy random question.
>> >
>> > Not sure if anyone here has an FPGA programming knowledge and who could
>> make a core or know someone who could make a core for the 100/102 for the
>> MiSTer project. Would be a really awesome option to have an FPGA version of
>> the 100.
>> >
>> > Sean
>>
>> --
Tom Wilson