No, it is a plug in board.... but it plugs into the CPU socket (ah....which
does not exist!)
On my bench system I did the work to take out the CPU and added a socket.
Then I plug an expansion card into it.

Good idea though about the system bus, I'll have to think about that.

I'm almost done a full patch to the M100 Main ROM which makes it 8080/Z80
compatible.  In this case I should be able to switch to running Z80 in M100
mode too!

Steve

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 2:57 PM Ken Pettit <petti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Steve,
>
> Oh great!  One more emulation I need to add to VirtualT!  ;)
>
> Nice work!  How do you wire it it?  System bus?
> Ken
>
> On 5/30/20 5:04 AM, Stephen Adolph wrote:
>
> ...and I just now this second got the NSC800 to run in the M100
> successfully.
> It is driving the LCD at the moment.
> I think the interrupts are different, and more work to do, but it is
> officially alive.
> yay!
>

> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 6:32 AM William stewart <wstewart2...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Stephen,
>> Are you suggesting a swap of the 8085?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On May 29, 2020, at 7:46 AM, Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Reviving this thread.
>> Now that we have a solid CP/M application written in 8080, there should
>> be a way to boot into CP/M  using the NSC800.
>> I dropped this project some time back but it is time to revive it, as a
>> processor swap would be a cleaner way to expanding the CP/M application
>> universe for the M100.
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:30 AM Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Motivated by 2 things
>>> 1) discovery of the NSC800 Z80 processor that is 80C85 like
>>> 2) continuing to work in the direcition of CP/M