Sounds great Steve, keep us updated on this.  You may have mentioned this
before, but do the two processors share the bus simultaneously, or is only one
or the other (like a Commodore 128)?

________________________________
From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> on behalf of Stephen Adolph
<twospru...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 10:44 AM
To: m...@bitchin100.com <m...@bitchin100.com>
Subject: Re: [M100] dual CPU project

Hello all,
Interesting update.
So, I've been working on getting NSC800 AKA Z80 processor to work in the M100
such that it can be used in CP/M as an alternative processor.

Great news is that I now have a solution for actually running the M100 using
the NSC800!  Not that it really matters; there are no Z80 applications for
M100, and the Z80 can't run 8085.

But, what this means is that having a Z80 processor for CP/M in M100 is very
close to reality.

And it is kinda neat to see the good old M100 interface work using a Z80 ;)

Learned a lot along the way for how to modify 8085 code to run on NSC800.
Also the subtle difference in how NSC800 deals with the Timer driven interrupt
TP.

More to come, Steve

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:46 AM Stephen Adolph