On 7/13/20 5:41 PM, Kurt McCullum wrote:
Looks great. Might be worth adding one more hole that goes to the BCR data in pin for those interested in using it for input.

I ended up making a separate breakout board for hacking/experimenting

Breakout: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/MTOWfRkz

And I've been massaging the usb and wimodem adapters, and the way oshpark works, you have to keep creating new links for each revision, so the current versions of those are:

USB: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/mTFeysVg

Vertical USB: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/OHdw5nqN

WiModem232: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/AXNfGK0n

I just received an earlier version of the WiModem and usb adapters today and tested them and they both work.

The BCR port successfully powers the WiModem, but unfortunately the low battery light flickers rapidly after a few minutes with fresh nimh batterlies, after about an hour with fresh alkalines. Machine still runs for at least a couple hours after that. I don't know how long before it actually dies, just that the battery light flickers rapidly and constantly, and I've had it on for 2 or 3 hours so far.

I'm measuring about 4.85v out while loaded with the WiModem, and drawing about 80ma. 75ma when I issue the AT command to turn the led off.

I think it was silly to get the OLED version of this thing. You can get all the information you need to operate the modem right in the terminal. I think those modules draw about 10-15ma. So between losing the OLED module and turning off the led, that could bring it down to as low as 60ma.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hjoC3vnfZxWbFPRW6